The mission of the Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses (NEAOHN) is to promote the profession of occupational health nursing by serving as a resource to our member states by:
Support the goals of AAOHN without duplication of services
- Improving and communicating information to our membership
- Assisting member states with membership issues and retention
- Creating leadership Opportunities
- Provide networking, mentoring and educational opportunities
- Influencing legislation and regulatory issues that impact health and safety
The purposes of NEAOHN are to:
- Constitute the professional association of registered nurses engaged in the practice of occupational health nursing.
- Promote and provide continuing education in occupational health nursing for members.
- Maintain the integrity and character of the nursing profession.
- Improve community health by providing quality nursing service to workers.
- Promote standards for occupational health nurses and occupational health nursing services.
- Advance the profession through discussion of issues in the field of occupational health.
- Promote health and safety of workers and support occupational health nursing practice through monitoring and influencing legislation and regulation.
- Stimulate occupational health nurse participation and all nursing activities: local, state, regional and national.
- To do, within the limits of the law, all things necessary, proper, incidental, suitable, useful and conducive to complete accomplishment of the forgoing purposes.
NEAOHN By-Laws - Revised 091114